2012/2013 ROUND 2 Successful Grant Recipients
Council approved a total of $ 31,045 as follows:
- Ailsa Rolley (Building Community Cultural Capacity) $13,750: to plan and produce a community art and culture event commemorate the anniversary of Australian South Sea Islanders’ (ASSI) arrival in Queensland
Beaudesert Potters Association Inc (Developing Regional Skills) · $2115: to engage a professional tutor to conduct a comprehensive workshop on clay sculpture
Bec Anderson (Developing Regional Skills) $1550: Bec Anderson to attend a week-long workshop with ELS VAN BAARLE at TAFTA’s Geelong Forum textile retreat.
Boonah Cultural Foundation (Contemporary Collections/Stories) $5700: Boonah and District Cultural Foundation to transcribe rates books from 1906-30 so the originals can be preserved and the information accessed by the public
Lorraine Brown (Developing Regional Skills) $1430: Lorraine Brown to attend the Australian Bookbinding Symposium in Melbourne in October 2013
Peter Kuttner (Contemporary Collections/Stories) $6500: Peter Kuttner to create 100+ new flora and fauna videos for his Vimeo page where they can be harvested by the Encyclopaedia of Life
2012/2013 ROUND 1 Successful Grant Recipients
Council approved a total of $37,494 as follows:
Ailsa Rolley (Concept Development) $10,670 - To engage a facilitator and event coordinator to work with community members and ASSI stakeholders to create an event plan for a community commeration
Rathdowney Area Development & Historical Association Inc (Contemporary Collections/Stories) $10,800 - To engage a consultant to work with the Rathdowney Area Development and Historical Museum to develop a Collection Policy and a Strategic Plan through training and group participation; present a Volunteer Policy and Significance Assessment training workshops for the Scenic Rim Heritage Network; and Write a Significance Assessment Report for the collection and buildings at Rathdowney Area Development & Historical Museum.
The Baptist Union of Qld - Community Services Group - Fassifern Community Centre (Building Community Cultural Capacity) $1460 - Beginner & intermediate workshops in stencilling for young people of the Scenic Rim..
Nadine Bates (Concept Development) $4 000 - The development of a screenplay called "She Wore Black" based on a young adult's experiences living in the Scenic Rim.
The Beaudesert Bush Bards (Building Community Cultural Capacity) $532 - Presenting a one day program in poetry writing for adults and students in years 11 & 12
Goat Track Theatre Company (Contemporary Collections/Stories) $10,032 - The Risk Project by Goat Track Theatre Company, is youth based community arts and cultural development project with a theatrical outcome, spanning the three major townships of Scenic Rim
2011/2012 ROUND 1 Successful Grant Recipients
Council approved a total of $29,615 as follows:
- Rebecca Andersen (Cultural Tourism) $11,840 - To stage a knitted, knotted or crocheting installation in Doughty Park, created by the local community.
- Christine Grimmett (BADCAP) (Building Community Cultural Capacity) $4,300 - Sculpture in the Grove, a feature event to be held at Arts in the Olives 2012. To showcase a variety of sculptural artforms and to offer workshops to encourage the creation sculptures in stone, iron, fibre, clay and ephemeral works.
- Julie Valenzuela (Concept Development) $4,500 - Writing, directing, rehearsing and producing works to be performed at Boonah Cultural Centre. The works are the result of collaboration between interstate dancers and a local singer/songwriter.
- Peter Kuttner (Contemporary Collections/Stories) $8,975 - To take 13 years of unedited video footage (showcasing biodiversity of Tamborine Mountain and surrounding regions) shot in a variety of formats: to edit, reformat and timecode reference the footage so that it can be archived by the State Library of Queensland.
2011/2012 ROUND 2 Successful Grant Recipients
Council approved a total of $22,898 as follows:
- Kevin Smith (Concept Development) $8,828 - The development of a theatrical production for the script "Carve" resulting in an inter-regional performance outcome.
- Tamborine Mountain Arts Collective (Concept Development) $9039 - Towards the costs of a feasibility study and concept development research to establish a working and teaching arts and artisans hub on Tamborine Mountain
- Friends of the Lost World Gallery & Museum Inc (Building Community Cultural Capacity) $4041 - The Ancient Arts Revival - a series of workshops in a variety of arts and bush crafts, culminating in an open day exhibition and community festival.
- Roberta Shaw (Developing Regional Skills) $990 - Attendance at the 2012 TAFTA Geelong Textile Forum
PAST RADF RECIPIENTS
The Regional Arts Development Fund is a Queensland Government through Arts Queensland and Scenic Rim Regional Council partnership to support local arts and culture.